* NEWS UPDATE 27th March 2020: as a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic, the 59th edition of the Salone del Mobile is cancelled. The next international furniture fair in Milan will now be held from 13 to 18 April 2021. On the occasion of the 60th anniversary next year, for the first time all the exhibitions of the Salone del Mobile.Milano will be presented in parallel, namely EuroCucina, Euroluce, the International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition, Workplace3.0, S.Project, SaloneSatellite, FTK (Technology for the Kitchen) and the International Bathroom Exhibition. Spanish brands will be there too presenting new, impressive collections for the home and contract sector. Meanwhile, we have prepared a virtual exhibition with all the products that should have been showcased this year in Milan. Do not miss, click on the image to access and find ideas!
* NEWS UPDATE 25th February 2020: due to the ongoing public health emergency, the 59th edition of the Salone del Mobile.Milano 2020 has been postponed. The Milan Salone will now take place from 16th to 21st June. See you in June, then!
Each April all eyes in the design world turn to Milan, where Salone del Mobile, the world’s largest furniture fair, puts on display the very best of the global design scene. Taking place from 21st to 26th April, the six-day showcase hosts every year more than 2,200 exhibitors coming from a wide range of countries to unveil in Milan their latest innovations, trends and designs.
A laboratory for experimentation and cultural fusion, the Salone has been shaping the history of design and furnishing since its foundation in 1961. Milan itself turns every year into a thriving hub of style and creativity with its ornate palazzos and new exhibition spaces welcoming the worlds of art, fashion, architecture, and design for a myriad of presentations, installations, and exhibitions.
In its 59th edition, the Salone will run seven trade events held simultaneously, namely the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, the International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition, the biennial Eurocucina/FTK Technology for the Kitchen and the International Bathroom Exhibition, the Workspace3.0 and the collateral S.Project, the exhibition devoted to design products and decorative and technical furnishing solutions. Since 1998, the trade fair has been rounded off by SaloneSatellite, the launchpad for young designers and a point of reference for companies on the search for new talent.
Focused on highly innovative products, the Salone Internazionale del Mobile caters to many and varied aesthetic tastes, responding perfectly to the ever-changing contemporary lifestyles with solutions that easily adapt to individual demands. In order to make the visit more enjoyable and easier, the fairground has been divided into three main style sectors:
- Design: products that boast a great sense of style and that are focused on functionality, innovation and trends.
- xLux: the section devoted to timeless luxury reinterpreted in a contemporary key.
- Classic: furniture and decorative items that draw on the values of tradition, craftsmanship and the use of noble materials.
With its spectacular mise-en-scène and a huge offer of top-quality products, the Milan Salone has consolidated its position as a global platform capable of attracting more than 380,000 attendees on average, every year, from more than 180 different countries.
Spanish brands will be once again key players at the Milan Salone with 43 big names of the home and contract markets. Their rich offer covers different styles and trends with original furnishing solutions that include from exclusive furniture collections and lighting for sophisticated spaces to designer items and contemporary proposals for stylish outdoors and indoors.
The presence of Spanish top-notch brands at the Salone is not only due to the promotion of market-ready products but also to a strategy aimed at strengthening their presence in a larger number of countries and sectors: hospitality, retail, corporate, restaurant, bars etc.
The positive trend in furniture exports has positioned Spanish companies among the market leaders of the interior design industry. In 2019, exports of furniture increased by 5% to more than 2,300 million euros, an encouraging result considering the geopolitical context and the exposure to new trade barriers. On one side, France consolidates as the main foreign market for Spain’s exports of furniture (+10.2%), followed at a distance by two other traditional markets for Spanish products: Portugal (+17.9%) and Germany (+4.7%). On the other hand, despite Brexit and Trump’s unpredictable foreign trade policy, the U.S.A. and the UK have gained positions as Spain’s top trading partners and they now rank 4th and 5th respectively, registering significant increases in purchases of furniture from Spain.
Exports to Italy, which ranks 6th and is an important logistic hub, grew by 9.8%, amounting to approximately 100 million euros.
To support Spain’s collective participation, MUEBLE DE ESPAÑA - FURNITURE FROM SPAIN has created its own specific promoting platform and it will also cover the event on its own social networks through the following hashtags:
#SpainFurniture #SpainDesign #SaloneDelMobile #EuroCucina #SaloneDelMobile2020 #iSaloni #Milano
Stay tuned with us for more information and highlights next weeks. Ci vediamo a Milano!